While we lived in North Carolina, we would often find ourselves at a local board game store on Saturday afternoons. It was fun to browse the games, read the back of the boxes, and look at the artwork on the games. We couldn't afford to buy games very often, but that didn't stop us from perusing the selection, adding new games to our growing wish list.
Since that time, we've purchased a number of games, and we're always on the hunt for new games. When we first moved to KAUST, we joined the board game club which gave us an outlet for enjoying new games and perusing a huge collection of games, but due to our schedules, we haven't been able to participate in that much lately. Therefore, we haven't been able to expereince the joy of browsing a selection of games, hoping to find new favorites.
Well, you can imagine our delight when we recently learned about a new board game store in Jeddah. It's a true strategy board game store with just about any game or expansion you can imagine. On the first floor, there are shelves upon shelves of games with a few tables for playing, and the upstairs area has more tables, a shelf with games to play, and even a mini-fridge with drinks and snacks.
Some things to note:
- If you want to go to the store and play a game, please reserve a table in advance. They don't have many tables, so they are often booked. We learned this the hard way yesterday.
- The store opens at 5PM every day.
- The first floor tables are for guys only. The second floor is the family section.
- Their website is only in Arabic, but the guys in the shop all speak English really well.
- If you don't know how to play a game, they will take the time to teach you.